Online safety is an integral part of safeguarding and requires a whole school, cross-curricular approach and collaboration between members of staff, children and their parents or carers. This is of particular importance in this time when some children are needing to access Home Learning while isolating and we are conducting more of our lives online.
At Aldrington, we believe all children, parents and carers should be equipped with the knowledge and skills to safeguard themselves online. This will include:
- learning about the safe use of new technologies
- recognising and managing the potential risks associated with online activities
- behaving responsibly online
- recognising when pressures from others in the online environment might threaten their personal safety and wellbeing
- developing effective ways of resisting pressure
- knowing who to go to with any concerns
The following links may be useful to parents and carers to support them in keeping children safe online:
These links can be used to support if you or your child have concerns over harmful content or online abuse or bullying.